This is a super simple breakfast on its own or you can modify it to create a breakfast sandwich. I had my Egg Muggin’ with bacon because, well, isn’t everything better with bacon? So, the Egg Muggin’ is simple because it is made in a mug. You can eat it directly out of the mug – I’m thinkin’ kids would like that. Or, as shown above, after cooking, slide the Egg Muggin’ out of the mug and put it on a plate or between two english muffins and breakfast is served! In less than 2 minutes! How many times do you see: Prep time: 1 minute; Cook time: 60 seconds?
** You could do three eggs in the mug, but you would want to increase each cooking time by 30-45 seconds
2 Tbsp of milk
2 Tbsp shredded cheese of your choice (I used cheddar)
Garnish (salt and peppar, green onion, or bacon crumbles)
1. Get out a microwave safe mug and coat the inside with cooking spray
2. Add eggs and milk; beat until blended
3. Microwave on High for 45 seconds
5. Microwave again until eggs are almost set – about 30-45 more
6. Top with cheese and/or any other garnish
7. Eat directly from mug or remove egg and place between whole grain bread or english muffin
This makes 8 tarts! Feel free to go bonkers with bacon. I recommend 4 slices, but you can really go with 8!
- 8 of (1-ounce) slices whole-wheat white sandwich bread, crusts removed
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup of 2% or skim reduced-fat milk
- 4 of large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons of chopped green onions
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup of sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Lightly coat both sides of bread with cooking spray. Press each bread slice into the cup of a muffin tin.
- Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until bread is lightly toasted. Cool slightly.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
- Combine milk and eggs, stirring well with a whisk.
- Divide the egg mixture evenly among bread cups.
- Sprinkle onions and bacon evenly over tarts; top each tart with 1 tablespoon cheese. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until set.