Toasted Asiago Breadcrumbs Over Garlic Roasted Cauliflower
Posted by zinnrunner
I’m taking a little break from sweets-posting to focus on everyday eating. I’m on a bit of a cauliflower kick lately – so watch out for that. I came across this recipe on SkinnyTaste.com. What a great blog with healthy and clean recipes – my favorite. After setting off my smoke detector a record 4 times, I conquered this recipe with delicious results. I modified the original recipe with different herbs and a difference variation of breadcrumbs but otherwise it is pretty similar. See the link at the bottom of the page to view the original. Feel free to mix up the herbs and cheese for different takes on a great recipe!
1 (1 1/2 lb) head of cauliflower, cut into florets (about 6 heaping cups)
5 – 6 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp Montreal Steak Seasoning or to taste
For the Topping:
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, finely diced
1 large clove garlic, chopped
1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
2 heaping tbsp shredded Asiago cheese
1 tsp fresh oregano (or fresh herb of your choice)
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Place the cauliflower and garlic on a large baking sheet and toss with the Montreal Steak Seasoning.
3. Bake until tender and browned, about 22 – 25 minutes, tossing every 6-8 minutes.
4. While the cauliflower roasts, heat a medium-sized skillet over medium heat.
5. Add the oil, then the onion and sauté for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Add the garlic and sauté until the onions become golden brown.
7. Reduce heat to low, add breadcrumbs; sauté until the breadcrumbs are light golden brown, about 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, careful not to burn.
8. Remove from heat and stir in the oregano.
9. When cool, add asiago cheese.
Original Recipe from one of my favorite places, SkinnyTaste.com. Click here.