I don’t eat enough mushrooms or, I should say, I don’t eat a variety of mushrooms. I’ve never really cooked with shiitake mushrooms before now. Now seemed like a good time to start. This is such an easy recipe and you can serve this up as a guilt-free snack, side, or as an appetizer at a party. Keep in mind that they go down easy – so, make a lot. Trust me, you won’t be able to get enough.
1/2 lb of shiitake mushrooms (keep in mind these guys will shrink up during cooking so consider doubling the recipe if you are hoping for a hearty side or to feed several people)
1 – 1 1/2 tbsp of low sodium soy sauce
1 – 1 1/2 of olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Remove the mushroom stems.
3. Slice the mushrooms lengthwise into strips.
4. Toss the mushrooms in both the soy sauce and olive oil until completely coated.
5. Spread mushrooms in a single layer across a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
6. Bake for about 15 minutes or until they reach the desired level of crispy – taking care not to burn.
Serve the mushrooms by themselves, over a salad, or on a pizza! Delish!
Adapted from an awesome blog Diane, A Broad