Chinese Chicken Skewers
If you have the time, marinated meat is so delicious! You just need to be organized and have the ability to plan ahead. These chicken skewers (cooked after dark thus the less than average photos) were delicious. Next time, I would dress them up with various items to accompany the chicken on the kabob. I marinated these chicken pieces for almost 24 hours before cooking on the grill. You will also see shrimps in the above photo – I threw them in last minute. I served these kabobs with a grilled corn salad.
1/2 lbs boneless chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces
1 tsp salt
4 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
4 tsp minced ginger
3 tbsp honey
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp garlic, minced
3 tbsp rice wine
1 tbsp Chinese 5 spice powder
2 tbsp hoisin sauce
skewers (if wooden, soak in water for 10-15 before placing food on them)
1. Trim any fat off your chicken and slice into bite sized piece .
2. Place into a large zip lock bag.
3. In a small bowl mix all the ingredients and whisk well until incorporated.
4. Pour marinade over the pork in the zip lock bag and marinate for at least 1 hour or up to a day.
5. Remove the chicken and feed onto pre-soaked skewers. Feel free to add onions mushrooms or bell peppers.
6. Place over preheated and pre-sprayed grill for only about 4-5 minutes per side.