Hazelnut Encrusted Mahi Mahi
Lots of hazelnuts lately, huh? I figured they should go to use instead going to waste. Plus, I love the way they smell (and taste) when roasted. This recipe is sort of a departure from the hazelnut pesto recipe – it is much simpler. I think you can sort of modify it to fit your taste; so easy. I baked this mahi mahi and grilled some corn and tomatoes. What a fabulous summer dish!
3-4 smaller mahi mahi steaks
1/2 cup of hazelnuts roasted and ground (hazelnut roasting instructions here)
2 tsp garlic powder
1.5 tsp Montreal Steak Seasoning (my favorite)
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees
2. Grind your roasted hazelnuts to a coarse consistency
3. Mix the spices with the hazelnuts
4. Beat the eggs in a shall dish and dip each mahi mahi steak in the egg and then press into the hazelnut mix to coat them
5. Place in a greased (with cooking spray) glass dish and back for about 17 minutes until white throughout
6. Enjoy with veggies… or in my case corn on the cob and grilled tomatoes!