Cookie Dough Popsicles (gluten-free)
Posted by zinnrunner
I’ve been on a popsicle kick this summer. Who can blame me? It’s so easy!!!! I saw this recipe of Chocolate Covered Katie. If you haven’t been over to her blog – you are missing out. When she posted this recipe, I looked at the ingredients and thought – there is no way those popsicles taste like cookie dough. Au contraire. They do. They really do. And depending on the quantity of fake sugar used, these guys are in the neighborhood of 40 calories each. Not to shabby. The only complication in this recipe is getting the chocolate chips to be throughout the popsicle (they like to sink). So, aside from freezing these in two stages (which only serves as a semi-solution), if you come up with a better idea, please let me know!
Makes 4 small popsicles.
- 2/3 cup fat free milk
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/16 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 nunaturals stevia packet (or 1 1/2 tbsp more brown sugar)
- 1 heaping tbsp mini chocolate chips
1. Combine all ingredients and stir well.
2. Pour into paper cups or popsicles molds, and freeze. (If you want the chocolate chips to not all sink to the bottom, pour only 1/2 the mixture into each pop mold and freeze, then add the rest and freeze again.)
3. That’s it – enjoy!