Snickerdoodle Cupcakes With Cinnamon Frosting
Recently, I had the honor of making a birthday dessert for Andy’s brother. He is a big fan of cinnamon. So after scouring the interwebs for ideas, I settled on snickerdoodle cupcakes and cinnamon icing! Turned out to be a nice and light flavor for a summer cupcake. Who knew? Now, I just need to work on my icing-piping skills…
Makes 24 cupcakes.
Snickerdoodle Cupcake Ingredients:
2 and 3/4 cup flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup butter
1 and 2/3 cup sugar
5 egg whites
1 and 1/4 cup milk
1 tbsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 325
2. Beat butter and sugar together.
3. Then add in egg whites one at a time.
4. Next add 1/3 of the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Mix.
5. Add a third of the milk. Mix.
6. Add a third of the dry ingredients and so on until all used up. Mix well.
7. Bake for 17-20 mins. Do a toothpick to determine if cupcakes are done. Leave to cool.
Cinnamon Icing Ingredients:
2 cups of powdered sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup butter
2 tblsp milk
1. Mix all ingredients together and beat until frothy.
2. Add to cooled cakes and Enjoy!