Southwestern Corn Salad
I don’t know about you, but whenever nature turns up the heat, I crave fresh fruits and veggies (even more than usual). One of the best veggies of summer is fresh corn! I love grilling it in various ways – the possibilities are endless. This recipe is almost like a corn slaw except I nixed all of the mayo and substituted greek yogurt. There is nothing wrong with a little extra protein instead of living in fear after mayo consumption. Mayo is like Russian roulette for the tummy. Nobody wants to play that game.
Serve this with brats, chicken, tacos, or fish! Maybe eat it up with tortilla chips!
- 5 large fresh cobs of corn
- 4 tbsp fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1/2 (heaping) tsp chili powder (more to taste)
- lime juice from half a lime
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese, finely crumbled
- 5 lime wedges for serving
1. Boil corn in boiling water for 3-5 minutes, remove from heat.
2. When cool enough to handle, cut corn off the cobb. (makes 5 cups)
3. In a small bowl combine yogurt, chili powder, and lime juice; mix well.
4. Add corn, cilantro, green onions, and cheese and toss.
5. Serve with lime wedges.