A Blondie’s Blondies (Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars)
Posted by zinnrunner
I meant to post one of my clean-eating and healthy recipes today. Maybe tomorrow. If can’t treat yourself to dessert a couple nights a week – what’s the point? Let loose, people!
I had no idea that chocolate chip cookie bars were called “blondies” or “chocolate chip blondies”. Now, I do. Whatever you call them, they might be the best cookie/bar I’ve ever made. Thank you to Real Mom Kitchen for this recipe!
- 2 1/8 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 tablespoons butter (1 1/2 sticks), melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips (or whatever ever chips you prefer)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Adjust the oven rack to lower-middle position.
- Line a 9X13-inch baking pan with foil, letting the excess hang over the edges of the pan by about 1 inch so you can grab those edges and pull the brownies from the pan after they have baked.
- Spray the foil-lined pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix the flour, salt, and baking soda together in medium bowl; set aside.
- Whisk the melted butter and sugars in a large bowl until combined.
- Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and mix well.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold the dry ingredients into the egg mixture until just combined; do not overmix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and turn the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with the spatula.
- Bake until the top of the bars is light golden brown, slightly firm to the touch, and edges start pulling away from sides of pan, 24-28 minutes. Cool on a wire rack to room temperature.
- Once cool, remove the from the pan by lifting the foil and transferring to a cutting board. Cut into 2-inch squares (or whatever size you prefer).