Coconut Cornflake Pecan Cookies aka Macaringue (Macaroon/Meringue)
Posted by zinnrunner
Ah, two of my favorite things, the macaroon and the meringue. This cookie is both.
I went out on a limb making this cookie, mostly because I never tried it before and didn’t know what the end result would look like. All I knew: (1) my mom recommended the recipe, and (2) my mom knows what I like – how could I go wrong!
4 egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp vanilla
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. chopped pecans
1 c. shredded coconut (sweetened)
3.5 c. Kellogg’s Corn Flakes cereal (or generic – which is what I used)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. In large mixing bowl, beat whites until foamy.
3. Beat in cream of tartar & vanilla.
4. Gradually add sugar, beating until stiff & glossy.
5. Fold in pecans, coconut & corn flakes. The mixture will be mostly firm but there is a small “liquidy” aspect to it.
6. Drop by rounded measuring tablespoon onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
7. Bake for about 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove immediately from baking sheets. Cool on wire racks.
Makes about 3 dozen. Delish!