Daily Archives: April 20, 2012
Posted by zinnrunner
Have you ever wanted just one cookie? Have you ever been afraid to make a whole batch for fear that you might eat said batch by yourself? If you answered yes to one or both of these questions, the single cookie recipe is for you!
Also, the SCR (single cookie recipe) is egg free. This means two things: (1) you could freely eat the dough instead of making the cookie, (2) you could refrigerate the dough for baking another day or another couple days later.
The SCR makes one big cookie or 3 smaller cookies. Your choice. I went with the big cookie. I was feeling very “go big or go home” when it came to the SCR.
1 Tbsp. White granulated sugar
1 Tbsp. Brown sugar
1 Tbsp. Butter
1-2 Tbsp. Chocolate chips (I used mini chocolate chips leftover from my cupcakes)
1 Tbsp. Water
1/8 tsp. Vanilla
Pinch of salt
Pinch of baking soda
1/4 Cup Flour + 1 Tbsp. Flour
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
2. Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl.
3. Mix together well with a fork.
4. Roll dough into a big ball or three little ones. Place on a non-stick cookie sheet. I used the cooking dish from my toaster oven with some parchment paper.
5. If you are making the big cookie, flatten the ball so that it cooks evenly.
6. Bake the cookie for about 13 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes so you can transfer it to a plate (or your mouth).
Original recipe at instructables.com.